2.17.2014

NASW Valentines Workshop

For: NASW
Occasion: Valentines Workshop

I was lucky enough to be able to do my "Valentines and the Therapeutic Uses of Greeting Cards" workshop for the Denver region of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW). It's a program I created a few years ago, and I was happy to see that it stood the test of experienced clinicians.


My example card was a garden gnome holding a valentine heart. I made this card for my former officemate, and was able to use her love for gnomes as a way to get the group thinking about what image to feature on their cards.


I had Valentine's Day colored papers, beautiful backgrounds, and plenty of pencils and markers prepared for the group to use for their very own valentines. In lieu of the multicolored "NASW" heart card I made for the director during the event (I forgot to snap a pic!), the intern took some photos and was kind enough to send them to me. We had a great space, a great group, and some really wonderful discussions about the awesome power of greeting cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment