2.22.2012

Parisian Transit Birthday

For: My new friend Ashley
Occasion: her birthday




















Ashley works with my twin in St. Paul as a transportation planner. I had heard that she loves France and transport maps, so I created a watercolor of Paris's metro lines for the background of the card. To add a personal touch, I transformed an iconic French Metro sign into an Ashley sign.












On the inside, I converted the map key to read "Bon anniversaire!" in place of the train line numbers. The compass is also Parisian: notice the O for ouest, which is "west" en français!

I had so much fun making this card, and then meeting Ashley at her French-inspired painting party. She is simply wonderful, and I can't wait for her and Christy to come out and visit me some time!

No comments:

Post a Comment