12.21.2017

Spurs Christmas

For: Mike
Occasion: Christmas


Mike is a big Spurs fan--we're talking watching 82+ games a year Spurs fan. I have jumped on the bandwagon and OH BOY, am I a fan of the Spurs machine. Once upon a game this year, Sean Elliot (Spurs TV analyst and former Spur) was talking about the big men and referred to them as "Trees in the Lane." I mentioned to Mike that that was a very festive thing to say, and this image starting happening in my brain. I knew I wanted to feature David Robinson (50) and Tim Duncan (21) as the franchise trees. In a bout of optimism, I chose my third tree as LaMarcus Aldridge (12), our newer acquisition of a big man (and now I feel bad for leaving out Pau Gasol!). This card took me several hours to create (looking at skin tones, tattoos, and jersey types for accuracy) and ultimately makes me giggle with Spurs-nerd delight. I love that Mike has imparted his fandom on me, and hope he has the very best Christmas. 



No comments:

Post a Comment