1.03.2018

Toe Party Birthday

For: Uncle Vince
Occasion: his birthday


My uncle Vince is among my most idiosyncratic uncles, and this year's card is a special one for sure. I've had toes on the brain lately (due to a new expression I'm coining--"wiggling my toes with delight") and then Uncle Vince made some jokes about his feet at Christmas. But, I really didn't want to make a feet card, so I googled Uncle Vince to search for some additional inspiration. What did I find but a video of him kicking off his sandals at a conference?! Clearly, a feet theme was pre-ordained. 
Uncle Vince is working hard both at work and on his thesis, so I did an illustration of his feet up on the desk, in hopes that he can take a moment to relax on his big day. There are stacks of paper, a coffee cup for Downers South (work) and a pencil cup featuring NIU (thesis). And, so he can wiggle his toes in birthday delight, every toe has its own party hat. I adore my uncle so and hope he has the best birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment