7.03.2018

Grandma's Birthday

For: this year's stranger
Occasion: Grandma's birthday



Each year in honor of my grandma's birthday, I make a card for someone I find in the phone book that has a name similar to hers. This year, I wanted to share that I got my dream job in a library. (I've been thinking how if I told 9-year-old me that I work in a library, she would not be surprised--I wish I could explain to her how unusual and awesome it is). The idea of a  teddy bear holding a book came to me as I was leaving one branch and headed to the next--I got a little teary thinking about how excited Grandma would be for me. I used watercolor with pen detailing for this little guy, and paired him with purple and red backgrounds. I could not be more pleased with how the card turned out, and I hope both Grandma and my stranger enjoyed it, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment