9.12.2010

Birthday Sox

For: My uncle Greg
Occasion: his birthday



My uncle is probably the most intense Sox fan I know. (Like, he named one of his sons after Paul Konerko intense.) So I figured it was time to bust out the calligraphy markers and practice my pointy writing. Also making the "Sox" logo, something I have never tried before.



And on the inside, the logo is wearing a birthday hat and has a balloon tied to it. This design is in part homage to the fact that I did not deconstruct the logo into letters until I was about 12: I had always thought it was some kind of symbol of a weird-legged man. Embarrassing, I know, but I also did not figure out that the "D" in the "Disney" was in fact a "D" until an humiliatingly ripe age either.

But I've got it all straight now...

No comments:

Post a Comment