7.03.2011

Grandma's Birthday

For: this year's stranger
Occasion: Grandma's birthday














Each year for my Grandma's birthday, I make a card in honor of her for someone who has a combination of her name and my name. I always associate cute birds with Grandma Jan, and so I drew a red bird who is very proud of his own bird drawing. I think it captures the idea I had of my grandma growing up--so supportive and appreciative of every noodle and glue concoction I ever made for her.











On the inside, the bird is making another work of art: this time, it's a heart drawing. The card's message is a simple "enjoy today"--words to live by if there ever were any. I miss my grandma a lot, and I hope she and this year's recipient like the card.

2 comments:

  1. That's so sweet, twin. It reminds me of Grandma so much! I know she loves the card-- all your cards-- and is quite proud.

    I surely am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing thing to do, friend... I'm sure she's very proud of you! I associate my Gramms with cute birds, too.

    ReplyDelete