7.14.2011

Engagement Tree

For: Sioux's friends Jane and Norm
Occasion: their engagement


















Sioux asked me to make a card for her friends who recently got engaged. She gave me lots of information about them: they coach basketball, one plays volleyball, the other basketball, they both work at Lane Tech, and they have a new little dog. I decided to make a tree with all kinds of heart-shaped ornaments (basketballs, volleyballs, dog bones, and "LTs" for Lane Tech in green and yellow. The text reads, "congratulations on your engagement." I am particularly fond of how the background paper mimics the swirliness of the love tree.














On the inside, a simple message in keeping with the idea of the tree: "may your love continue to grow."

I had a wonderful time coming up with this design--I love getting requests for cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment