6.22.2010

Cosmic quotes and birthday balloons

For: my friend Anna
Occasion: her fabulous birthday

I was reading a book earlier this summer (Succulent Wild Woman) and I came across a quote that smacked me across the face and said "Anna Hoffman" to me. How perfect that her birthday was a few weeks later and I could use it in her card!



On the front, I created images from the first part of the quote: "Perfect peaches, lilting street musicians, a butterfly landing on your shoulder" (Sark, 74).


And I created a few more on the inside:"children wearing pajamas in the daytime, old women on benches laughing" (74).

What made this quote really speak to me (in honor of Anna) was the fascination it seems to portray for a disparate cross-section of life. Anna has an awesome variety of interests and a real zest for the quirky--I thought this was a good way to convey my appreciation of those qualities.

For: My cousin, Eileen
Occasion: her birthday

Eileen reminds me a lot of myself when I was younger. I decided to make a card that I would have liked (and, quite frankly, still do!).



A totally new take on balloon letters! The inside had "Happy Birthday!" in more balloon shapes. I think it's a really interesting idea, and I hope to work on some ways to perfect the technique!

No comments:

Post a Comment