6.20.2010

Father's Day

For: My Dad
Occasion: Father's Day

Plain and simple, I love my dad. He is calm and collected, and I am proud to be his daughter. For this card, I focused on an inside joke between us. We want to circumnavigate, or walk around the perimeter of, our hometown, the Great Lakes, and a variety of locations because we think it would be great fun--and who are we kidding, it so would be!

The inside of the card read: "Thanks--you've saved me from a lot of walking. Happy Father's Day!"

This card represents a break in the trend of my cards for this holiday. Since I was 8 years old, my Father's Day cards have featured, or complained about, the lack of a comparable holiday for kids--something I adeptly titled "Kids Day." Even last year, I made mention of it--though I did so begrudgingly, knowing it was expected and, quite frankly, ridiculous. And this year, with this card, I almost made it without the expected reference.

That is, until I tried to put the "Debbie Dots" insignia on the back of the card.


Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment