6.06.2010

A wholly holy birthday

My cousin Kathy is a cloistered nun-to-be, and it's her birthday soon!

For: Kathy, a.k.a. Sister Cora Marie
Occasion: her birthday



This card was a unique challenge for me, and there were a few pieces I had to consider as I made it. First off, Kathy can only receive three letters a month, and I was not sure if a greeting card would count as a letter. Also, I figured the card should be appropriate with a religious theme, given her career choice and current setting (not the occasion for a stripper card, folks!). And finally, I was not sure if I should call her by her nun name or the name I grew up knowing her by. So I went as religious as possible, following what I hope are the rules.



Being a relatively non-religious sort (I prefer "spiritual," thank you very much) I figured this was a fairly nondenominational birthday wish. Making this card got me thinking about her life choices, and I definitely admire her passion and dedication. I am really excited to see her in August for her official nunning ceremony!

No comments:

Post a Comment