7.02.2010

Grandma's birthday and my stranger

My grandmother passed away just over a year ago, just before I started making cards seriously. One day, I (tearfully) realized that she would not get a Debbie Dots birthday card from me--a truly indescribable bummer because I know she would have loved a card in that special way only grandmothers can love your work.
So, in order to quell my sadness, I decided that I would make a card in her honor and mail it to a stranger.

For: my stranger
Occasion: Grandma's birthday




I had known that I was going to make this card for months, but the week of, I was not sure what design I would use. Two days before I had wanted to send the card, I was in a Borders and saw an image similar to this one on a book cover. I could feel that it would be Grandma's card.



Inside the card, I explained why I had made this card, and why my stranger had gotten it (she had my Grandma's maiden name and my first name...when I was flipping through the phone book, I knew that she was my stranger). I hope she likes it (or at least isn't too weirded out by it), and of course, I hope my Grandma likes it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment