7.15.2010

Media birthdays!

For: Brenda
Occasion: her birthday




Brenda was a fellow English major in a program full of psychology majors, so it was super awesome when we got to be workshop partners. Because of our literature-loving background, I thought it would be fun to make her card book-themed!



Her favorite color is purple, but I added the red and yellow in the background because (to me) they are the colors of passion and political equity--two things that Brenda is all about. She is really an inspiration, and is going to make a kick butt professor--I'll probably have to creep on her classes in the future.


For: John, my cousin
Occasion: his birthday




John is pretty much a wiz-kid in my book. He is really intelligent and energetic (once while baby-sitting him, I challenged him to jump up and touch the ceiling 100 times in an attempt to wear him out. He did it, and with energy to spare!). I haven't seen him in a few years, but I know he loves video games, and thus: video game card.




It's a generic game system (I'm the world's least knowledgeable gamer) but I did base what's on the screen off my memories of NES Mario. Boxes, and jumping off cliffs...and then a cake appears. Well, why not? Anything can happen in video game world.

No comments:

Post a Comment