7.28.2010

Tea and Star Wars

For: My aunt Mary
Occasion: her birthday

My aunt is a pretty magnificent tea and coffee connoisseur. She has lots of different kinds and impeccable taste and one of those really fancy coffee machines. For her birthday card, then, I thought I would do a twist on my tea/coffee card.



And here's the twist! I don't normally have the punch line of the card in the rising steam (and the punch line isn't normally so tea-related). I think it worked out smashingly though. I am particularly fond of the detail of the tea bag. (I'd like to thank my Lipton Green Tea for being a model for this card.)

For: My cousin, Tommy
Occasion: his birthday


When Tommy got married last Spring, he and his new bride walked back down the aisle to the Star Wars theme. This Star Wars joke made me laugh so hard I cried the first time I heard it. Therefore, it had to be used in Tommy's card.
Darth Vader says, "Luke, I know what you're getting for your birthday." Luke says, "Oh yeah? How?"




Darth: "I felt your presents."

No comments:

Post a Comment