5.26.2010

Volleyball B-Day!

For: my aunt Sioux
Occasion: her birthday



Sioux plays and coaches volleyball, so here she is, about to win the game. (Fun fact: this gym is based off my memories of my middle school gym, colors aside). She has the number 27 on her jersey because her birthday is the 27th.
But wait!, a carefully trained eye will find that there is something a little off with the ball...


It's actually a cake! And, Sioux totally served it right into the corner--perfect placement, despite the cake-y consistency. Her team wins the game, and she gets an awesome birthday (and some of the cake may be able to be salvaged, too!).

To be honest, this card cracks me up! I love that the cake has the volleyball lines on it. I came up with the inside idea first, and did quite a few sketches of what the front should be. It was great fun to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment