11.11.2010

Dr. Quinn Medicine Birthday

For: My Win
Occasion: her birthday



Winokur (-Biegen) loves the show Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman (and I totally agree! People who don't like it are just afraid to embrace their inner Mike). Therefore, on the front of this card I water-color penciled the main buildings and offices in town. I then burned the edges of that image to make it look extra old time-y and Western-y. The calligraphy "My Win" is supposed to make you think of "Dr. Quinn" because they rhyme! And it sets up the inside, so remember it for a few more moments.



Here's Mike and Sully with a slice of cake! The text "magnificent woman" is supposed to be like the second half of the show, "Medicine Woman." Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman <= My Win Magnificent Woman. I'm not sure how successful this gimmick was, but I like it.

It all works on another level because we call each other "Woman" pretty frequently. As in, "Happy birthday, woman!"

I love Win so much and I am pumped to go visit her and Adam in a few months! She's such a nurturing mentor/friend. I'm really blessed to have her in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment