11.23.2010

Serendipitous Danish Plates

For: Mormor (Greg's grandmother)
Occasion: her birthday















Mormor has a variety of Danish plates that are displayed in her kitchen and hallways. I thought it'd be fun to use plates in her card, so I looked up a bunch online. I found one that I really liked, so I based the front of the card off it. In the original, the people had butterfly nets, but it's her birthday! so I made them into balloons.

I showed my design to Greg and he said it was really familiar and he'd seen it before--it's hanging in her hallway! My brain nearly exploded, but I could not be happier with that happy happenstance.


The inside plate is the commemorative 2010 birthday plate with the same characters from the front with a lovely cake. This card was an overwhelming success, and at the party I discovered that not only is the plate on the front of the card in her hallway, it is also the November plate in that particular series. Whoa. 

Mormor is a truly wonderful lady and just so sweet. I hope she has a fantastic year!

No comments:

Post a Comment