11.17.2010

Birthday Blossom

For: Leslie
Occasion: her birthday



Last year, Leslie did a number of representations of flowers for a class that we had together. When I was thinking about what to do for her card, I knew I would make a flower of my own for her. If I remember right, the flowers she had drawn looked like water lilies, so I tried to have my flower resemble them (though it's got a stem). I decided to use a different patterned paper for every layer of petals in the blossom, all with browns, pinks, and oranges. It also has a sweet 3D effect.



On the inside of the card, the flower has blossomed! I could not be a bigger fan of this metaphor, and how perfectly it unfolded in Leslie's card. She is a really wonderful person, and it has been a pleasure to get to know her. I am sure she is going to continue to blossom in her very bright future.

No comments:

Post a Comment