11.02.2010

Shooting Star Birthday

For: My cousin Maddie
Occasion: her birthday



Maddie has a wonderful spirit and a truly kind energy. I spent a lot of time thinking about how I wanted to capture that for her card. I ended up using this classic star with lots of celestial dots as the tails. The bottom of the card has a wavy patterned cut, so the patterned background from the inside would show through.




On the inside, the star picked a direction to shoot in and shared its birthday message with the entire universe. I decided to write "Happy Birthday" in dots because it has been a while since I've used them, and I got a little dot happy. I think it looks neat.
The patterned paper is more visible here, a two-tone paisley that mimics the flow of the stars.

I had lots of fun making this card, and I hope Maddie's birthday is--dare I say it--out of this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment