12.03.2010

Birthday Wine

For: Kiera
Occasion: her birthday


Kiera is a major wine enthusiast who left the confines of central Illinois for Wine Country, aka California. We all miss her a lot, but who can blame her? Do you have any idea how many wineries there are out there?
I decided to feature a red wine that is so red it's purple. I had a lot of fun picking out the backgrounds and paper colors--I wanted the card to look "swirly" so the background is a sort of French floral in muted purple and red tones. In order to mimic the "swirliness" of the background, I cut the edge with swirly scissors for a swirly trim and put a faded red paper on the inside of the card so it would show. Swirly, swirly, swirly. 
On the inside, a simple "Happy Birthday!" with the various swirly backgrounds. I really like this card, which works out pretty well because I really like Kiera.
I miss her a lot and hope she has a wonderful birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment