12.24.2010

"Knitting" you a Merry Christmas

For: My cousins Tommy and Traci
Occasion: Christmas















My cousins are master knitters, and they even have their own knitting business! (Check it out: http://lapinknits.webs.com/) Here they are as knitted snow people. If you feel so moved, please click on this card. I drew each stitch individually because I'm a stickler for authenticity. Tommy's hat even has some knit-perle alternation going on!


















On the inside, with more individual stitches, some hand-knitted letters in alternating red and green. The knitting needles make the "X" for the abbreviated, much easier to knit "Merry Xmas" greeting. I don't think I'll get to see these wonderful people at Christmas this year, but I hope they have a great holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment