12.20.2010

Doodle Card

For: Aunt Katy
Occasion: her birthday















My aunt Katy is just wonderful and has had a ginormous influence on me growing up. I struggled with what to do for her card, in part for that reason. Every now and again, I find that these important people are elusive, and so their cards are difficult to conceptualize. I decided to doodle. Tucked into this design, among the hearts and stars, is a cooking pot, a book, an amber ring, and a sail boat. It's like "I Spy!" Did you find them?
















On the inside, I decided to mimic the doodle from the front. I really like how the swirlies mimic the design of the background paper--and I did my doodling before I chose the paper--how cool!

Anyhow, I love my aunt very, very much and I sincerely hope we get to hang out a lot this winter break. She's a great role model, and I just can't even express how happy I am to have her in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment