8.06.2011

Paper Crane Birthday

For: my cousin Elly
Occasion: her birthday


















For the second year in a row, Elly has created and orchestrated a peace rally to remember those lives lost in the events of Hiroshima. She plans this event on her birthday! Ells and her friends and family have been working tirelessly all summer to make and string 1,000 paper cranes, and so I decided to honor those efforts in her card. Along with the origami cranes, I decided to string her name, too!













On the inside, there is one crane and "Happy Birthday!" in origami letters. I am so, so, so proud of all the hard work Elly has put into this event, and just the awesome and caring young woman that she is. I hope the rally, and her birthday, is a huge success!

No comments:

Post a Comment