8.30.2011

Sympathy Bracelet

For: Baylie
Occasion: In sympathy
















Ann Banfield, a teacher and athletic trainer at my high school, passed away early this week of a rare brain disorder. Banfield was a very sweet woman and was extraordinarily helpful to me throughout my high school sports injuries. I had the opportunity to interview her for the school newspaper and learned that she was helping a young girl make bracelets to raise money for the disorder they shared. That girl's name is Baylie, and the two were very close. When I learned of Banfield's passing, I felt that I had to make a card for someone, and I thought the perfect way to honor her spirit would be to reach out to the young girl who had given her so much hope. (You can learn more about Baylie and the disorder here.)

My thoughts and prayers are with all of Banfield's family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment