8.15.2011

Seeing Flowers Birthday

For: Jennifer
Occasion: her birthday


















Jennifer is and has been a big inspiration for me since I got to know her about four years ago. I really appreciate her support of me, especially this summer, and so I tried to capture her spirit in this card. The front features a flowery hill with a sunrise and the following quote by Matisse: "There are always flowers for those who want to see them." (She strikes me as someone who can always see the flowers.)


















On the inside, after lifting the flowery field, you can see that the sun was actually another flower! The hidden message is "happy birthday!" I hope Jennifer has a wonderful day, and I don't think I'll be able to thank her enough for the great impact she has had on my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment