4.20.2010

2010: Year of the birthdays

For me, greeting cards are all about gratitude. They are a creative way for me to say, "Hey, I think you're great!"--and it's true: I do.
My card passion has turned into an obsession (or as I call it, a "card practice") over the past 9 months. I put special energy into my cards, and making them has given me new perspective on life, love, and friendship...you know, all the good stuff that should be shared.
That's what I want to do with this blog--share the cards I'm creating and get some positive energy flowing out there in the universe. And I'll have plenty to share: I have a goal to make a birthday card for every member of my family (some 90+ cards!) among all the thank yous, valentines, holiday, and congratulatory cards I make besides.
Four months into "Operation: Birthday," I have made seventy-five different cards or so; unfortunately, I only have pictures of a handful (and most of the early photos are mirror image, thanks to my laptop's webcam). I will share some of those early cards, and then be diligent with scanning the new ones I create.

So please, enjoy my work, and check back often for new creations!

Hearts and stars,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment