4.23.2010

So they say it's your birthday...

Here are some birthday cards I've made lately. The last one was scanned, so it's a forwards image--hooray!
 For: My dad 
Occasion: his birthday
 


















My dad is a canoe guide for Friends of the Chicago River. I thought it would be fun to have a relaxing river scene on the front and - surprise! - on the inside, give him a birthday cake and a party hat. My dad said he really liked it, which is good 'cause I really like him.
 

For: Anna, my roommate
Occasion: her 21st birthday
    Anna is an artist, so I thought it would be cool to feature her polaroid camera in her card. She got it our freshman year and takes lots of neat pictures with it. One of my favorite details in this card is the upside-down cakes in the lenses of the camera.

For: Jess
Occasion: her 22nd birthday 

















 






















Jess is an amazing chef, so a cooking card seemed appropriate! "Today has all the 'ingredients' for a great day...but your special touch makes it great! Happy Birthday!" I've been playing around with the concept of creation in my cards. In this one, there's all the ingredients for a cake, you open it up and--Voila!--the cake is done. I'm going to try to use it more because I think it's pretty neat. I love making birthday cards, so let me know when yours is and I will make one for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment