4.28.2010

Thankssssssss...

For the last 8 months or so, I have been working on my senior thesis. It consisted of an incessantly long research paper, and was quite an arduous process. But, now it's all over, and I made a card!

For: Professor Murison, my thesis director
Occasion: Thank you



"just want to say"

The novel I used to frame my history of mid-nineteenth century female mental health was Elsie Venner by Oliver Wendell Holmes. Long story short, it features a young girl, Elsie, who was bitten by a snake and acts out in very strange ways, arguably having hysteria. This is my interpretation of that character--she is spunky, dresses weird, and has bizarre powers over snakes because of that bite.




"thanksssssss!"

Elsie does not have a snake tongue in the story, but I thought it was too fun to pass up! (I hope I don't get points off for not being faithful to the novel.)

No comments:

Post a Comment