4.22.2010

Tea and Tree Thank You

For: Monday Night Tea Group
Occasion: Thank you for letting the Morita group attend ceremony








A group of us in my counseling program are learning about a Japanese pyschotherapy called Morita. In order to see some of the principles in action, we went to a Japanese tea ceremony. The theme of that evening's ceremony was "One smile; One word." The card has a Japanese tea cup smiling on the front, and then saying one word, "Thanks," on the inside. It was a very moving and inspirational experience for us all.

For: Theresa
Occasion: Thank you/belated birthday






I missed my counseling instructor's birthday, and tried to think of something for her card for 6 months. She's a very complex person, and I didn't know what to put on her card. I decided to honor the impact she has had on my life. The card says "Theresa, thanks for helping me see the trees." We did a mindfulness walk for Morita, and I was able to see a bunch of trees I had never really looked at before. I was moved by the experience, and felt it would be a good way to honor her.

No comments:

Post a Comment