4.21.2010

Share the love: this year's Valentines

Two friends from my counseling program commissioned me to make cards for their sweethearts. (The images are backwards because I didn't have my scanner yet!)


Alyssa's card for her fiance Jeff:
"Love, we've been so many places...and I can't wait to see where we go next! Happy Valentine's Day!"
This card features important locations for the happy couple:

the theater where they had their first date, a restaurant they frequented in Iowa City, the Big Ben, and a street where they got jaywalking tickets. The inside shows Water Tower Place where they were engaged and a Chicago skyline where they'll be living soon.
It was a lot of fun to research and to make, and I was honored to be a part of their love!

Jess's card for her boyfriend Pat:
"smelly, you stole my heart. happy valentine's day!"

This card was a special challenge. My only requirement was to include a butt in the card--something they have been putting on their valentines for years. I decided to make it a jail scene, where Pat could moon the cops on the inside.
The sign he's holding on the front says "J. Carrie Walker prison," named after Jess of course. His inmate number is the day, month, and year that they started dating.

I had to ask Jess so many questions for this card, the weirdest of which was how tall Pat is (I wanted to get the height right in the line-up!).

I got to make 5 outside cards (cards that aren't from me) for friends and family. I had a great time sharing the love!

No comments:

Post a Comment