8.17.2010

Birthday golf

For: My cousin Jimmy
Occasion: his birthday



I got to see Jimmy recently at a family gathering, and I found out that he's a big golfer (through direct questioning and secondhand detective work). So, as a variation on the "cake as ball" cards that crack me up so much, here's Jimmy about to tee off!

Fun detail: tied to the strap of his golf bag is a small Titlest golf ball bag. This bag was made for Jimmy by his brother Tommy who, along with his wife Traci, knits and sells all kinds of bags and things. You can check out their website at http://lapinknits.webs.com/!


But back to Jimmy's card:


He's just one easy putt away from a birthday birdie! The flag is a birthday hat, but it's very subtle. The color in these designs is water color pencil, which mimics the texture of the paper background--how fancy is that?

I wonder what sports I'll be cakeing up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment