10.28.2010

Psychedelic Ping Pong

For: Uncle Jim
Occasion: his birthday




My Uncle Jim is a bundle of comedy and fun. Back when I was in middle school, he took the time to teach me to play ping pong. I remember hitting the ping pong balls all over his garage in Kentucky and having to fish them out from the tires of bikes, lawnmowers, and fold-up chairs. Eventually, after many, many hours and patient instruction, I figured out how to hit the balls onto the table. This card is homage to that event. (Granted, there weren't so many bright colors involved, but if I were to make a movie about my ping pong past, this scene would totally have a light show involved.)


On the inside, the very intense match is over. The net reads "Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!" which is pretty cool. And, since it is his birthday, you can be sure I "let" him win.

I hope he has a great day and year, and I can't wait to see him some time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment