10.27.2010

Garden Bouquet Birthday

For: Alyssa
Occasion: her birthday



Alyssa has a keen eye for aesthetics, so I wanted to try something that I hoped would look very pretty. I busted out my water colors for this floral scene, using a red and blue spectrum for my flowers. I love how the flowers expand beyond the lines (they were penned in after--that's right, it was totally intentional!). Some of the colors just mix together, and I think it adds some wonderful whimsy.



On the inside of the card, someone (her fiance perhaps?) has gathered the flowers into a lovely bouquet. I just can't get over how cool the flowers look! The penned petal design is based off the paper, with a few differences.

I had a lot of fun using some different materials for this one. I miss Alyssa a lot, and I hope she has a truly beautiful year (and that she comes to visit soon)!

No comments:

Post a Comment